So…long time no post and I know it my friends. What can I say? It’s been so busy. And as I have said numerous times before…it’s not going to slow down. And that’s ok. I’m accepting it. I have an almost 9th grader, almost 8th grader, almost 6 grader, and almost 4th grader. We ended the school year with a bang and the summer has just been so fantastic.
We’ve spent time with precious friends and family.
Big Daddy even got to fly to Colorado to see his brother, his wife and kiddos. He had a great time and could not believe the change in weather between Louisiana and Colorado! They sleep with the windows open and some homes don’t even have air conditioning! That’s so crazy!
Proud to say my sweet brother in law bring Cajun Mama Cooks recipes to Colorado! That’s the best!!
We have certainly logged some miles so far this summer but I am so grateful the summer is not over yet!
We have more ground to cover. We have a house for sale…we decided it was time to let our rent house go. It’s time to close that chapter in our lives. And we feel a great peace with it. So before I get to these delicious keto chicken nuggets and the recipe….I’m going to share the link to our house. This is a home we lived in from 2004-2012. We raised our kiddos and brought two home from the hospital to that house. So it’s pretty special and I just know this house is perfect for someone out there. So I’m sharing here.
See what I mean? Great little house and so many wonderful memories made there. I’d love to find the perfect owners for it who are ready to make new memories there. Here’s the listing if you’re interested.
But back to these chicken nuggets y’all. These. Chicken. Nuggets! My oldest kids kiddo says they are an abomination and are against nature but I’m here to say to you they are so good. They have a KFC or Chick Fil A crunch and are nugget perfection. I used the Marzetti’s ranch which is super low carb and so freaking good. My kids call it the “good ranch” 😂😂. These little tasty bits of heaven completely fill my craving for nuggets. If you’re following the keto way of eating, doing low carb, or just love nuggets…this is an excellent recipe!
I found this recipe circulating around Facebook. It’s from keto-daily.com. This recipe is genius! Only thing I’d maybe do differently is add more salt and take down the slice a notch. But it’s still fantastic as is. Making it even better, the original poster listed the carbs as 1 gram of carbs per 8 ounce serving!!! Nice!
Keto chicken nuggets
Stuff you need~
2 pounds of chicken tenderloins or breasts, cut into 1 inch chunks
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 bag plain pork rinds
What to do with the stuff~
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Crush your pork rinds. You can put your pork rinds in a Ziplock bag and use a rolling pin to crush them. I used my Pampered Chef manual food processor to do the trick. Easy peasy and made my pork rinds into perfect breading!
3. Cut your chicken into about 1 inch pieces.
4. Mix together the seasonings and roll your cut up chicken pieces in that seasoning.
5. Whisk the egg, Dijon mustard, and mayo together in large bowl.
6. Add the seasoned chicken pieces to the mayo mustard mixture. Coat the pieces well. Don’t make it hard. Just put the chicken in the bowl and use your clean hands to coat the pieces.
7. Add your crushed pork rinds to a sealable bag or big ole bowl and just coat those chicken pieces with the pork rind breading.
8. Take a big ole baking sheet, (I use my half sheet size baking sheet) cover with a piece of foil. Then add a cooling rack over the foil. Believe it or not, I didn’t have one of these before today. I’ve been needing one and the original poster said it was necessary ensure crispness of these nuggets. So glad I listened!!
9. Lay your pork rind coated nuggets on top of the cooling rack. Bake at 425 degrees for 40 minutes or so.
10. Remove from oven and let them cool as long as you can stand it and enjoy!! I just dipped mine in ranch (the “good ranch” 😂)